Continuing assessment of the quality and environmental management system was held at the Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops by the BSI (British Standards Institution), reputable certification body, from April 2 to April 4, 2014.
According to the assessment plan, compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 was confirmed in assessed organizational units and processes.
Recertification audit is planned for 2015, when transition to the new version of ISO: 9001:2015 will start, which is currently being prepared.
Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops has held certificates for ISO 9001 / Quality Management System and ISO 14001 / Environmental Management System by the prestigious certification body BSI (British Standards Institution) for the previous 13 years, continuously.
According to ISO 9001:2008, certified Quality Management System ensures efficiency, consistency and quality of products and services through which the Institute provides the confidence and satisfaction of its customers. It also serves as a guarantee that the Institute will continuously provide the product/service of agreed quality, at the agreed time and at the agreed place.
ISO 14001:2004 / Environmental Management System is an internationally recognized standard that requires an organization to effectively manage its environmental impacts, where Institute, as a socially responsible institution, has recognized itself.
The quality of all processes provides quality products and services and that is what makes us recognized. The main objectives defined in our Quality Policy are:
- The creation of highly productive genotypes of field and vegetable crops
- Basic and applied research within the field crop and vegetable production
- The production of basic seed categories of cultivars and hybrids developed at the Institute
- Introduction of new technologies in the seed processing and storage Consulting and design in the field crop and vegetable production Transfer of scientific achievements into practice Providing high-quality and impartial service by accredited laboratories
- Preserving the leading position in the domestic market of seeds, preservation of existing and conquering new foreign markets
- Identifying and preventing possible negative impacts on the environment and human health and safety
- Providing system of monitoring and applying legislation and informing employees
- Saving natural resources and energy, minimizing the use of harmful substances and generation of hazardous waste