In the period of May 9th and 16th, 2009 Novi Sad hosted 76th International Agricultural Fair, where around 1,600 domestic and international companies were presented. Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops participated at this event, which is the largest of its sort in the region. As in previous years, Institute’s stand was in Hall 1 covering 148 m².
Institute’s stand was visited by many officials, international and domestic guests, including:
- Božidar Đelić, MSc,
Serbian Vice Prime Minister and Minister for Science
and Technological Development, and
professor Dragoslav Petrović,
Provincial Secretary for Science and Technological Development,
- Saša Dragin, PhD,
Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management, and
Bojan Pajtić, PhD,
President of the Executive Council of Vojvodina,
- Vojvodina Assembly Board for Agriculture, including everybody on board,
- Dieter Görtz, MSc, German Minister of Agriculture, in charge of the TWINNING projects in Serbia,
- Mr Aco Spasenoski, Macedonian Minister of Agriculture,
- Radivoje Bratić, PhD, Republic of Srpska Minister of Agriculture,
- Mr Miroslav Božić, Croatian Assistant Minister of Agriculture,
- Mr Birhan Abasov, Bulgarian Deputy Minister of Agriculture,
- Mrs Hanya, Chinese State Secretary,
- Mr Ajay Swarup, Indian Ambassador in Serbia,
- Mr Christian Browerz, Austrian Attaché for Agriculture,
- American Embassy officers and others.
Aside from numerous guests who have visited us, on May 12th 2009 Institute’s management held a press conference with a topic «Institute as a socially responsible company» where charity actions organized and participated by Institute were presented.
A special attention should be paid to the award Institute was presented with this year «Zlatna plaketa Agro-Biz lider (Golden Award Agribusiness Leader)» judged by economy journalists and experts of The Republic of Serbia.